There are many reasons to train your psoas. In general, in the abdominal muscles, the goal of many is to achieve an aesthetic result, because we want to have a noticeable belly without fat. But if we look at it from a healthy perspective, the main motivation that should get us to work and tone the psoas is that it gives us benefits for our health and protection of the spine.
Because it is important to train your abdominal and abdominal muscles
Exercising the psoas is important because it helps protect the spine, as well as body balance and health.
Benefits of toning your abdominal muscles
Toning the abdominal muscles gives us great benefits such as:
- Stabilization of the body by supporting the abdominal musculature, making it easier to move the legs and arms. They also form a muscle chain that transmits forces between the arms and legs (the correct kinetic chain).
- Shock absorption caused by jumps, jumps, plyometrics, etc.
- The coefficient of internal (intra-abdominal) pressure, which helps to maintain the stability of the spine by reducing the load on the lower back. Reduces pressure on the intervertebral discs, lumbar discs and stabilizes the spine.
- Compensation of traction effects of the lumbar and lumbar muscles.
- Collaboration in ventilation (expiration) for physical activity.
- Stabilizing the pelvis during movement and maintaining a static position
Certain muscles are required, such as the transverse, rectus and oblique side, to help relieve pressure on discs and proximal parts such as the lumbar region (Becerro, 1989; Anderson et al., 1995; Lopez, 1999). Therefore, it is important to strengthen it by training the psoas and abdominal muscles. You can achieve impressive results if you start using oral steroids in addition to training. Follow this link https://buysteroidsgroup.net/oral-steroids/ to find the right product for you.
Because it is important to have good lumbar muscles
The lumbar musculature, consisting mainly of the spinal erector and multifidus, plays an important role in the stabilizing muscles of the spine. An association has been demonstrated between lumbar weakness and low back pain (Lison et. Al., 1998; Morini and Ciccarelli 1998; cited by López, 2004). This is why training of the lumbar spine musculature is recommended for the prevention of spinal diseases (Manion et al. 1997, cited López 2004).
In significant cases, the incidence of thoracolumbar problems is usually due to significant weakness of the extensor muscles of the lumbar spine. Its origin also influences inappropriate postures, as they create tension in the ligamentous structures that support it (López 2004). 70 to 80% of people will suffer from lower back pain at some point in their lives.
Several studies have shown that training your lower back muscles once a week provides adequate lower back strength. Given that this increases strength levels while reducing the incidence of low back pain in adulthood (Carpenter and Nelson 1999; cited by López 2004).
Due to the anti-gravity state of tonic-postural muscle activity and taking into account the fact that they contain abundant red fibers, it is recommended to take these characteristics into account when planning exercises to achieve slow contractions, statically stable for several seconds and at low loads. preferred (Lopez 2004)
Golf Practice and its Link to Psoas Training
Some may think that golfing practice does not require physical fitness, since it is an activity that you are obviously only walking in, this is a false assumption. A person who plays golf travels up to 7-8 kilometers in a period of time that can last up to 4 hours, and usually carries a bag of clubs of considerable weight. This means that muscles from almost every part of the body are trained. For this reason, training the psoas is considered important, as effective musculature helps prevent injury.
Swing motor group
Skeletal muscle function is what enables us to perform activities such as jumping, running, lifting or throwing objects in addition to rotating movements.
A large number of muscles in the human body interfere with the swing. And also the connection between almost all parts of the body. It brings strength and balance to the movement. The swing of the stroke is very fast, starting from the starting point with a trajectory from outside to inside and at speeds of up to 100 km / h. The swing is repeated over 18 holes until they are completed.
The muscles that interfere with the swing are mainly the shoulders and torso. They work the muscles of the back, lower back, chest, shoulders, forearms, flexors and extensors of the wrist and elbow, as well as the abdominals and especially the obliques. Lower muscles, glutes, quadriceps, twins and hamstrings are also activated.
I will describe, among other things, some of the most effective and safe exercises for training your lumbar muscles. Firstly, for the abdominal cavity, and secondly, for the lumbar region.
How to train your abdominal muscles
- CRUNCH: This exercise has proven to be very effective and suitable for the abdominal muscles. It is also safe for the thoracolumbar spine, minimizing compressive forces and shear stress. (Study by Warden et al. 1999; cited by López 2004).
- Lying on your back on a mat or lawn with your back and feet on the floor.
- The legs are bent, the arms keep the back of the head and elbows open.
- Start by lifting your head and shoulders slightly off the ground by bending your torso and squeezing your belly. Hold this position for a few seconds.
- IRON in Bosu. This abdominal exercise is also very effective as it increases the activation of the abdomen, especially on the outside. Due to the need to stabilize the spine from imbalances caused by the movement of an unstable surface, it must bend large rubber balls.
How to train your lower back muscles
- LUMBARS:. To strengthen the lumbar muscles, it is recommended to do exercises described as “lumbar” exercises. It is performed from a position on the floor, face up, with hyperextension of the lower back exceeding horizontal. Running on the ground makes it easier not to bend your spine.
- Lying on the floor from lying on your back, legs bent, supporting your shoulders and feet on the floor.
- Raise the pelvis with slow torso and hips extension to form a line between the torso and hips, maintaining the position for a few seconds.
This exercise is considered safe and avoids hyperlordotic postures that stimulate the lower back muscles at moderate intensity. This can be done statically or dynamically.
- Hip Extension: Hip hyperextension and contralateral scapular-humeral extension are appropriate and effective exercises due to their moderate electrical activation. This exercise can be performed both in a quadrupedal and in a prone position. They should be done slowly and held in position for a few seconds.
- For quadrupeds, placing your hands well on the ground, first lift one leg fully extended and the opposite arm extended, then repeat with the other leg and the opposite arm.
In the same way, the gluteus maximus is a muscle that must be considered in order to integrate it into the muscular adaptation plan of the pelvic girdle thanks to its function as a pelvic stabilizer, and also promotes the action of the spinal musculature.
Exercising and exercising your lower back muscles keeps you healthy by strengthening it and protecting it from the risk of injury from whatever strenuous exercise you do.
Don’t be fooled, to play golf you also need effective muscle to help you develop this great sport without injury, and that being in shape it won’t be a big physical effort. And if you need advice on how to train your lumbar abdominals, you can always turn to a personal training specialist to help you.